Implementation Plan on the Pilot Program for International Talent Service Management Reform in the Hainan Free Trade Port
The Plan is formulated for the purpose of implementing the guiding principles from the important speech delivered by General Secretary Xi Jinping at the convention in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the establishment of Hainan as a province and a special economic zone, the Guiding Opinions of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council on Supporting Hainan in Comprehensively Deepening Reform and Opening-up (ZF  No. 12) and the Master Plan for the Construction of Hainan Free Trade Port (ZF  No. 8), deepening reform in international talent service management and attracting varied international talents to facilitate the construction of the Hainan Free Trade Port.
I. General requirements
(I) Guiding ideology
We must follow the guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese characteristics for a New Era, thoroughly learn and implement the guiding principles from the 19th CPC National Congress and the 7th CPC Hainan Provincial Congress. We must keep up with world-leading standards, emancipate our minds and innovate bravely to facilitate talent mobility and employment. We will launch the pilot program for international talent service management reform, with the aim of making breakthroughs in recruiting international talents, training, performance evaluation, work and residence, and service guarantees. Accordingly, Hainan will seek to establish an international talent service management system that keeps pace with international standards, reflects Chinese characteristics, and fits in with Hainan's development orientation, and hence serves as a paragon of international talent service management nationwide.
(II) Main objectives
By 2022, major breakthroughs shall be expected in institutional building and mechanism innovation. A domestic leading management system for international talents will take shape to form a fair, law-based, inclusive and convenient international talent system to ensure that a variety of international talents are recruited and are willing to stay and work. By 2025, all scheduled tasks will be effectively implemented, along with a more open, dynamic and competitive international talent management system. And Hainan will see considerable progress on the total number of international talents recruited, and on the efficient use of international talent resources.
II. Main tasks
(I) Breakingnew ground in recruiting international talents
1.Establish an overseas talent recruitment system in line with international standards.Based on the construction demands of the Hainan Free Trade Port, Hainan Province will formulate the High-level Talent Classification Standards of Hainan Free Trade Port as well as the Catalogue for Urgently-needed Talents in Industries of the Hainan Free Trade Port to attract international talents to work and start businesses in Hainan. The functions of the “Contact Hainan” website will be further optimized to establish a uniform online platform for international talent recruitment and release relevant information. Corresponding talent introduction policies and measures will be formulated according to the advantages and characteristics of talents from different countries and regions. Hainan Province will also encourage key parks, enterprises, universities, scientific research institutes and other employers to attract international talents by means of headhunting and job fairs abroad. Employers meeting the awarding requirements for attracting talents will be awarded accordingly.
2. Improve the management system for foreign personnel employment in enterprises, public institutions andstatutorybodies. A management system will be set up for employing foreign personnel as leaders in public institutions, state-owned enterprises and statutory bodies in the Hainan Free Trade Port, and these employers can introduce overseas talents as needed and appoint them within the authorized scope of personnel administration. The Regulations for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in Public Institutions of Hainan Province (Trial) will be put into practice in a detailed manner, and a certain number of job openings, including senior professional technical positions and level-one and level-two common labor positions, shall be created at the province’s universities, hospitals, scientific research institutes and statutory bodies to especially recruit foreign personnel and gradually improve the internationalization level of their talent teams.
3.Set up an international talent innovation and entrepreneurship platform.Hainan will accelerate the construction of the Haikou National Overseas Talent Offshore Innovation and Entrepreneurship Base and Sanya Nanfan Overseas Talent Offshore Innovation and Entrepreneurship Base, and support some key parks to build international offshore innovation and entrepreneurship pilot sites to attract international talents. The province will also support enterprises, universities, research institutes and non-governmental organizations in the Hainan Free Trade Port to set up R&D institutions, technological innovation and entrepreneurship service agencies, technology transfer centers and industrialization bases in foreign countries to develop and make use of local advanced technologies and intellectual resources. Furthermore, Hainan will also establish the China (Hainan) Overseas Students Entrepreneurship Park to attract outstanding overseas students to the Hainan Free Trade Port for innovation purposes and startups.
4.Explore more channels to contact international talents. Hainan will work with Chinese embassies and consulates abroad as well as sister cities to strengthen exchanges and cooperation with key countries and regions. Full play will also be given to the role of associations for science and technology, chambers of commerce and other NGOs to encourage province-wide enterprises to join. It is expected that overseas talent contact sites will be set up based on relevant agreements in key countries and regions within 3-5 years, in a bid to popularize talent-related policies of Hainan Province and attract international talents urgently needed in various industries. Efforts will also be made to attract the regional headquarters or branches of internationally renowned headhunters to settle in the Hainan Free trade Port, in order to attract more international talents and promote foreign exchanges and cooperation.
5.Create flagship events for international talent exchangesand cooperation. Hainan will host the China (Hainan) Talent Exchange Conference in the name of Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People’s Republic of China and the People’s Government of Hainan Province, and push hard to attract high-performing talents in key areas and key industries through scientific research cooperation and project roadshows. The province will support internationally renowned incubators, innovation and entrepreneurship bases, laboratories and research institutes to launch various forms of exchange activities and attract international talents to participate in the Port’s innovation and startup projects. In addition, influential events involving overseas Chinese like the Congress of the World Federation of Hainanese Associations will be held and full play will be given to the role of overseas Hainanese to gather more international personnel to the Hainan Free Trade Port for work and startups.
(II)Improving the training, evaluation and incentives for international personnel
6.Create new models to cultivate internationally oriented talents. Hainan will increase efforts to attract overseas first-rate universities and vocational colleges in science, technology, agriculture and medicine to open and run schools independently in the Hainan Free Trade Port, encourage domestic key universities to join hands with renowned overseas universities to set up Chinese-foreign cooperatively-run schools with independent legal person status in the Hainan Free Trade Port, and cultivate a large number of talents with an international vision. The province will support internationally renowned vocational education and training institutions to set up professional branches or joint training projects in the Hainan Free Trade Port to cultivate and reserve applied talents. Outstanding young and middle-aged talents will be sent to overseas universities, scientific research institutes, international organizations and large transnational corporations for study, exchange or cooperative research, and regular professional training programs will be held overseas for professional technicians and high-skilled talents, in order to improve the internationalization level of personnel in the Hainan Free Trade Port.
7.Establish a fast-track channel for professional title ratings to international talentsunder China's professional title system. Competent departments or employers may, within their authorized scope of title rating, review the professional technical personnel introduced via major industry-university-research collaboration platforms settled through strategic cooperation of provincial-level universities, provincial-level institutes and provincial-level parks at irregular intervals. In particular, international talents that meet the classification standards and conditions of high-performing talents in the Hainan Free Trade Port can apply for a senior professional title as an exceptional case based on his/her performance and capability. International talents’ overseas professional work experience, academic achievements, professional technical contribution and professional positions can serve as the basis for rating their professional titles.
8. Deepen reform inthemanagement system of foreign-related professional qualifications. To facilitate mobility and employment of overseas personnel, it is required to ease the restrictions on overseas personnel to take a domestic professional qualification examination, and allow international talents who have obtained some overseas professional qualifications or recognized qualifications of international professional organizations (excluding certified public accountants, legal services, among others) to directly provide professional services to enterprises and residents in the Hainan Free Trade Port after passing expertise recognition. Directory of overseas personnel taking domestic professional qualification examinations and the one-way approved list of professional qualifications for overseas personnel shall be adjusted and released.
9.Improve the remuneration incentive mechanism for international talents. Employers shall be guided to implement a distribution policy that increasingly reflects knowledge-related contribution, implement an annual salary system, an agreement-based salary system, a project-based salary system and other distribution forms, and explore medium and long-term incentives for high-performing talents that are in line with international standards, such as position-based bonus rights, project-based bonus and equity incentives. Universities and research institutes can independently determine the income distribution and incentive measures for the commercialization of research findings, and the net income from position-based commercialization of research findings can be used to award relevant individual and teams in accordance with relevant regulations. Furthermore, more legal channels shall be allowed to increase income via technology equity and converting into cash at capital markets.
(III) Establish a management system for attracting foreign high-tech talents
10. Relax restrictions on foreign high-level talents’ participationin scientific and technological projects. The system for foreign high-level talents to serve as the leaders or chief scientists of major projects shall be established, so that foreign high-level talents employed by the entities in Hainan can serve as the leaders of provincial scientific and technological projects, take the lead in the implementation of projects covered by provincial scientific and technological programs, and carry out scientific and technological innovation activities, relying on enterprises and institutions in Hainan. Foreign-funded enterprises or institutions registered in Hainan are also allowed to apply for scientific and technological cooperation projects in the provincial key R&D program.
11. Support globalinvitation forbidsfor non-confidentialscientific and technological research projects. The non-confidential scientific and technological research projects are sorted out regularly for global invitation for bids intensively and publically, so as to attract foreign high-level talents and teams in the participation in bidding and introduce foreign intelligence, advanced equipment and management experience. Support is given to the scientific and technological enterprises in key parks as well as the key enterprises, universities and research institutes that undertake major technological transformation and innovation tasks in order to solicit technological transformation and innovation plans worldwide through invitations for bids and purchase world-class advanced equipment.
12. Improve the fund management system for foreign experts’ participationin scientific research projects. The restrictions are relaxed on the use of funds for the participation of foreign experts in scientific research projects in Hainan, so that they can enjoy the same treatment as domestic experts in the use of scientific research funds for similar projects. More support is given to the construction of the academic innovation platform from the special funds of provincial and ministerial scientific and technological innovation development plan, in order to guide foreign academicians and their teams to participate in scientific research projects in Hainan. In addition, we also explore and promote the cross-border allocation of funds for international scientific and technological cooperation projects and the cross-border use of equipment and materials.
(IV)Furtherimplement work permit and entry-exit facilitation measures
13. Establishthenegative list management system for foreigners’ work permitsin Hainan. Foreigners clearly not allowed to come to China and those jobs clearly forbidden to be taken by foreigners in accordance with national laws, regulations and policies are classified as prohibited, and those foreigners and jobs that may cause great market fluctuations and negative public opinions in society are classified as restricted. No restrictions on foreigners’ job in the Hainan Free Trade Port are imposed beyond the negative list. Given the development needs of the Hainan Free Trade Port and the supply and demand status of the employment market, the quota management system will be established for restricted categories in the negative list of work permits, and adjustments will be made for the independent approval of restricted work permits within the total quota.
14. Allow foreign high-level talents’part-timeor off-postentrepreneurship. Foreign high-level talents who work in the Hainan Free Trade Port can work part-time or leave their posts to start their own businesses in the Hainan Free Trade Port after approval by their working unit and part-time unit and a request is submitted to the Hainan Provincial Science and Technology Department or its authorized administrative department of science and technology, and the Exit-Entry Administration of Hainan Provincial Public Security Department or its authorized entry-exit management department of public security agency. No reapplication or change is made to the work permit for part-time work as long as the work permit remains valid.
15. Put into practice theentry-exit facilitationpolicies and measuresin a detailed manner. The channels for declaration for visa-free entry will be expanded from the invitation and reception mode of travel agencies to the modes of foreigners’ independent declaration for visa-free entry through the system or foreigners’ visa-free entry through invitation and reception of their entities, which will be submitted to the state for approval. The scope of reasons for visa-free entry will be expanded for foreigners upon submittal for approval. On the basis of visa-free entry to Hainan for tourists from 59 countries, foreigners will also be allowed to enter Hainan without visa for the purposes of business, formal visits, family visits, medical treatments, exhibitions and sports competitions.
16. Expand theenjoymentof the R-Visa treatment for foreign talents. Focusing on the needs for the construction of the Hainan Free Trade Port, we regard the foreign talents who meet the High-level Talent Classification Standard of Hainan Free Trade Port as those meeting China’s foreign high-end talent standards (Class A), and allow them to enjoy R-Visa treatment in accordance with the Measures for Implementation of the Foreign Talents’ Visa System.
17. Implement the systemof“faulttolerance and acceptance based on commitment+ punishment for dishonesty”. Foreigners shall still submit the main application materials such as valid documentation and offer of employment when applying for work permits and other permits, but the system of fault tolerance and acceptance will be based on the commitments of the applicants and the employers. The work credit management mechanism will be established and improved to strengthen supervision in and after the event, note the applicants’ and employers’ performance of written commitments into credit records, include it in the national credit information sharing platform, and legally punish the defaulting individuals and entities for their dishonesty.
(V) Improve the international talent service guarantee system
18. Promotethe“single window” and electronic servicesfor theintroduction of international talents. A “single window” is set up for the introduction of international talents in the areas where foreigners work and live intensively, in order to coordinate departmental resources, mobilize social forces, implement electronic services when available, information sharing, as well as joint reviews and inspections, and provide international talents with “one-stop” services such as entry-exit certificates, work permits, business registration, medical insurance, medical examination upon entry, children’s education, legal aids, language training and cultural exchanges. The costs of services are undertaken by the government, in order to guide the third-party professional service entities to provide detailed, professional and personalized services for international talents who come to work in the Hainan Free Trade Port.
19.Address the employment of spousesand the education of children. The spouses of international talents who meet the High-level Talent Classification Standard of Hainan Free Trade Port are included into the scope of employment and placement, and their children will enjoy the same enrollment-related benefits as the children of high-level talents in Hainan. We will strive to understand and master the enrollment needs of children of international talents and build foreign children's schools and international schools to ensure the children of international talents receive education.
20.Guarantee high-quality international medical services. Foreign-related medical services are provided by means of social or cooperative medical institutions. Community clinics for international talents will be set up in the communities where international talents gather, and medical personnel with foreign language skills will attend first-class comprehensive hospitals. Support is given to market entities to establish a third-party international medical insurance settlement platform, guarantee medical insurance, and reduce the cost of medical treatment for international talents.
21. Improve car purchase and housing security policies. The international talents who comply with relevant regulations and have a full-time job, make investments or start a business in the Hainan Free Trade Port can enjoy benefits related to car purchase and housing security policies. International talents can pay the housing provident fund while working in the Hainan Free Trade Port, and cancel the account and withdraw the provident fund upon the cancellation of relevant permits when leaving the country.
22.Buildand improve international public service facilities. We will provide graphics and texts in foreign languages for regular signs in public places, place translators in public places such as hospitals, banks, schools, supermarkets, shopping malls and train stations, add multilingual service lines at the government service hotline 12345, and gradually provide foreign or domestic facilitators with foreign language skills at various service windows, increase infrastructure with multicultural elements and accelerate the construction of a humanistic environment inclusive for international talents.
23.Buildconvenient communitiesforinternational talents. According to the extent to which international talents gather, a number of international talent demonstration communities with Hainan characteristics will be built first in the key parks including the Haikou Jiangdong New District, the Yazhou Bay Science & Technology City in Sanya, Hainan Resort Software Community, Boao Lecheng Pilot Zone of International Medical Tourism, and Lingshui Li’an Pilot Zone of International Education Innovation, and then in other key parks and qualified cities and counties.
III. Safeguard Measures
(I) Strengthen organization and implementation. With the leadership of the Talent Work Committee of the Hainan Provincial Party Committee, the Office of the Talent Work Committee of the Hainan Provincial Party Committee takes the lead in coordinating the relevant departments directly under the provincial government for joint advancement of the pilot program for international talent service management reform. All relevant departments must fully understand the importance and urgency of international talent work under the background of the construction of Hainan Free Trade Port, and integrate international talent service management into the overall plan as an important agenda.
(II) Strengthen research and evaluation. The cooperation with the Chinese Academy of Personnel Science shall be strengthened to jointly establish the Free Trade Port Talent Development Institute, focus on research in international talents, track and evaluate the implementation of policies, and provide theoretical guidance and policy recommendations for the pilot program for international talent service management reform.
(III)Providefund guarantees. The diversified investment mechanism of government, society, employers and individuals will be improved to guarantee all kinds of funds. The construction of international infrastructure will be completed according to the planning and layout of the pilot program for international talent service management reform, which provides financial guarantees for various pilot tasks, and ensures the smooth advancement of the pilot program. Where the support measures are not clear in this plan, the method of “a single discussion on one case” will be taken for examination and approval.
(IV)Make more efforts inpublicity. News media will be organized to timely promote and publicize the policies for the pilot program for international talent service management reform worldwide and attract international talents gathering in the Hainan Free Trade Port. The close cooperation between talents, industries and investment promotion departments will be promoted to coordinate investment promotion policies with publicity and talent introduction policies and then improve the integration of industries and talents and the precision of talent introduction. The innovative systems and advanced practices in the pilot will be summarized timely to strengthen publicity and promotion and create a good atmosphere of public opinion.
(V) Strive for preferential support. On the basis of the pilot program of reform, we will actively strive for preferential support from the central government and the national ministries and commissions in terms of policy breakthroughs, talent project arrangements and capital investment, and hope them to prioritize Hainan Province as a pilot in terms of the pioneering talent policies tried locally in the national advocacy direction, the key talent projects, the capital investment and the relevant reform measures.
- 广东：为防孩子磕到头 陌生大叔捂住桌角2020-10-12
- 女孩与陌生人花式合照 记录大家的笑脸2020-10-12
- 奋斗在海南 不负青春│邢文龙：肩负使命做新时代青年，尽心做好每件事2020-10-10
- 国庆黄金周盘点：海南入岛车辆7.3万辆 同比上升61.1%2020-10-09
- 国庆黄金周盘点：海南旅游产品丰富人气火爆 假日旅游市场安全平稳有序2020-10-09
- 海南潮 双节海南“免税”是否吸引了回流消费？2020-10-09
- 国庆假期：铁路返程高峰来到 旅客行囊被爱填满2020-10-07
- 海南潮 社会管理信息化、智能化、智慧化——大数据如何赋能自贸港？2020-10-07